Friday, January 9, 2009

When's gonna be my time Lord?!?

Still waiting for the Windows 7 beta to go live. According to lifehacker.com it is live, but I'm not seeing anything at the links. Maybe it's being blocked at work? I'll have to check when I get home.

That was a pretty sweet game last night for the BCS championship. I thought Florida would put the smackdown on the Sooners but it was tied until about 8 mins. left and then Florida ran away with it. I also have no problem with either school or band so that's always good :) My only gripe is that the Fox announcers were verbally fellating Tim Tebow so much I wanted to throw a remote through the TV. Seriously, my life would be better by "knowing Tim Tebow for even 15 minutes". Yeah right, maybe if I was a chick. I think Tebow will be the next Brett Favre, an overhyped douche who can do no wrong (only with less interceptions).

Personally, I think the AP should have fucked with everyone and voted Utah #1 in the nation and thereby cause some controversy and maybe build toward a playoff system. There's a few good points why:

-The most obvious is that Utah was the only team in Div. I to go 13-0. Florida, Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and everyone else all lost once during the season. It's hard to go 13-0 even in a non-power conference like the Mountain West. Keep in mind that both TCU and BYU won more than 10 games. I think Michigan sucking so bad this season hurt them, but still it used to be you go undefeated you are the national champ.

-You avoid all the fuzzy logic: You heard this before, "well, Ole Miss beat Florida which beat Oklahoma who beat Texas" Therefore Ole Miss should be #1. Then someone will be like "Yeah, but Alabama beat them and Utah beat Alabama, so Utah's number #1" And it will go on and on.

-It would lend some creedence that you don't have to be a member of the big 6 conferences to be a great football team. The ACC was a dogfight this year with no one team doing better than 5-3 in conference play. The Big Ten is a joke, getting blown out in just about every bowl game. The Big 12 is more like the Big 3. The Mountain West Confernce is not one of the "Big 6" but other than the SEC and Big 12 it was the only confernce to have 3 10 win teams.

A playoff system would stop all the voting nonsense. The top 16 teams square off in 4 successive weeks and the winner is the last one standing. No BS, no voting, no computers. No one gives a shit about the Meincke Car Care bowl (except maybe the fans of the two teams in it). They do care about who is the best team in the land.

But that's just my opinion, I could be right.

I have quite a bit on my plate this weekend. I'm trying to rebuild my computer and I think I'm going to finally upgrade to Vista and maybe try dual booting with Windows 7 (or at least run it in a Virtual Machine). XP support barely exists now anyways so I might as well get with the program. I think I might actually buy Windows 7 when it comes out (as part of my goal to be more legit in my software usage), so I'll use Vista and get used to it so I'm not floundering around with 7. I also have a few more Fallout trophies and then I'll be trying out Home for PS3. We'll see if I can pull it off :) Oh yeah and because Canada decided to dump more snow on us, I have to snowblow the friggin' driveway too. I am so sick of winter!

Man, one more hour to go. Busy all day and then nothing for the last 90 minute. Boooring!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment