Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Busy at doing nothing

This weekend was pretty lazy. Friday night we had Kristi and Brandon over for some Rock Band action. It was decent except for Brandon wouldn't sing and Pam had to keep hassling him about it. Pam went one drink over the line and had to drop it off at the pool :)

We sat around all day Saturday catching up on 1st season of 30 Days which was pretty sweet and then later Pam and I worked more on getting more stuff in the band section of Rock Band, and that's all we did. Time sure flys when you're have fun. :)

Sunday, we took the kids out to Chuck E. Cheese's and then I proceeded to be a kid. That place is mega expensive though, we blew through 60 bucks there and that was with coupons. We recycled the salad bar plates however, that'll save $11 bucks, which we can then blow on tokens to get tickets to get more worthless crap. We also stopped at the Madison Westside Goodwill. We only had 15 minutes to look but still managed to find some decent stuff. I got a sealed copy of Lost and Found by Mudvayne, Candlebox by Candlebox, Ritual de lo Habitual by Jane's addiction, Sixteen Stone by Bush, and Cereal Killer Soundtrack by Green Jello (and in the original Green Jello packaging, sweet) for $3 each. The kids got some clothes and some old WWF figures :) Thrifting rocks.

Monday, was kind of a repeat of Saturday except Pam had a class in Milwaukee so I played Fallout for a while (I scored one more trophy, almost there :) ) and the kids and I watched House, Monday Night Raw, and 24.

On Tuesday the shit hit the fan. Our cat, Burrito, had been pretty listless for the last few days and Tuesday was pooping yellow and refusing food. That fat fuck never turns down food so we knew something is wrong, so that cost us $60 and pretty much wiped out every extra bit we had in checking. However, there's a possibility that he could have whatever killed Kristi's cat which they suspect may have been FIP, which is a mutation of a virus that most cats have already. It kills the cats in only a couple weeks and is very hardy in the open. We shared our kitty carrier with Kristi and never thought about disinfecting it. However, it's up in the air as to whether the virus is actually transmitted in it's lethal form or if the potentially mutated virus is transferred and then eventually mutates to the lethal form inside the host. Either way, a blood test is $100 and if positive, death would be in a few weeks. The way I see it, if he has it he will die, and if he doesn't die then he doesn't have it. However, I am NOT paying that vet any more money for this. The cat can die at home.

So essentially, I haven't really done too much lately, and it doesn't matter how much I sleep, I'm always tired and cranky. Maybe winter's getting to me? I wish it would go away. I'd like to actually get outside and exercise, and that's a sentence that you normally wouldn't hear from me.

"I'm tired of holdin' up the weight,
The weight of the motherfuckin' world.
All I want is just to get right here
Right now.
We struggle and fight just to get in a grave
That's overflowing
Clock's ticking on my fifteen minutes of fame
Come on now, one two three go
" Mudvayne - Determined

No comments:

Post a Comment