Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Fluids for sale

So anyways, despite the fact that we got almost $6000 in debt paid off, money's still pretty tight until we can straighten out our house payment (and even then that won't free up a lot). I'm actually considering selling plasma to a plasma bank here in Madison. Now of course I don't know how that will work out, what the hours are, etc. but I think I'll be giving it a try. It'll be worth it once I get the collector's edition of Resident Evil 5 in my grubby hands.

Also on the list of swag to get:
-Iphone or iPod touch
-Nintendo DSi - a street date of April 5th has supposedly been annoucnced so yay for that.
-A few more piercings/tattoos. I technically have to get a tattoo for my 2nd kid as I have one for the 1st and I want to get my eyebrow repierced
-New Rock Band guitar controllers and a Rock Band 2 drumset
-Possibly an XBox 360. I'm not a fan of the three shitty but there's quite a few decent exclusives for it, so....maybe.
-If I can swing it I want to go see Stephen Lynch at the Barrymore on the 7th, but that's really pushing it.

Either way it's yet another thing I'm doing for some more dollars.

I broke down and got Rock Band 2 and I'm really liking it.

The Pros:

-Better Career Mode (you can hire staff, and there's more venues to play at)
-Difficutly seems easier. I've 5 starred almost everything I've played on drums the 1st time
-Less Harmonix songs. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I want to be able to download them and listen to them outside of the game to learn them.
-Import Rock Band 1 songs. Other than 'Enter Sandman', 'Run for the Hills', and 'Paranoid' all the Rock Band 1 songs can be brought in which will give you quite a bit of songs to work from.
-No solo tour. You can now do World tour by yourself, that way you can progress in the tour if you don't have a band. Woot!
-Trophy support. Rock Band 2 has 50 trophies to earn from just starting the game to completing the Endless setlist (all 85 songs in one playlist) on Expert. I managed to get 100% on drums and vocals in Expert on a few songs, but I don't think I'll be able to pull it off with guitar and bass unless I get some improved intruments.

The Cons:
-For your band scores to count towards the online leaderboards, you have to play in online mode. However, if your PS3 disconnects for any reason it will cancel you out of the song you are playing. It's fucked me twice now. Quickplay scores will be added to the leaderboard without it having to be connected for some reason.
-You can't import your band from Rock Band 1. The number one thing is your scores on the songs from RB1 don't get carried forward and you have to recreate all of your band members.
-The Harmonix songs are integrated into the game so you'll have to learn them if you want to 5 star everything on World Tour
-Some of the trophies are downright brutal and punitive to those who can't field a full band or can't play shit on Expert. For example one trophy is to get an 8X band multiplier which can only be done with a full band. We will probably get 4 people together eventually but it doesn't happen often.
-The drum trainer. There are 4 trophies set up for this that require doing x # of patterns at a specific BPM. The problem is that when you go up in levels the patterns get faster and way more complicated and you never see some of them in a song so what's the point. I'd rather just practice a song.
-I'm a friggin' addict and that's not good.

Anyways, that's pretty much all that's going on in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment