Wednesday, December 17, 2008

It's snowing hard and Canada's to blame. You give winter a bad name (bad name)

Ok, so awful Bon Jovi puns aside, we got another 4.5 inches dumped on us last night. There's another 10-13 inches forcast for Thursday and the snowblower has officially crapped out on us (I think the shear pin snapped again). It's still under warranty, but if I send it in to be fixed now, we'll still be without a snowblower when the heavy shit comes. Not to mention that it's the 2nd time in less than a year that it's broke so I don't think the problem is heavy snow, it's just a shitty snowblower :(

Now I've got to head out and try to find one for about $900 that's decent. I'm hoping that shouldn't be too hard, but I haven't really looked in a while. I will say this, I will never, ever, buy another YTD product again. My snowblower and 1st lawn mower were both Yard Machines products and both broke after 10-15 uses. Obviously it's not maintainance related (even through I do keep up with the maintainance)

The shitty thing is now that we won't have enough money for me to get an iPhone (or anything remotely resembling it) in March when our Verizon contract expires. I don't know why I'm so caught on it but I just like being able to access all the sites that I use from anywhere with EDGE/3G coverage. BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO! I have to have bullshit life stuff happen and then I get fucked in the ass when it comes to shit I want! *sigh* Oh well, at least this means I don't even have to think about a phone, I'll just get whatver is free from Sprint.

Speaking of free, I'm trying out Vista 64 bit Ultimate on my computer to see if the 64 bit stuff will work faster. I'm not really rocking the greatest system ever, but it's more than enough to handle the Aero interface (1.9 Ghz Athlon X2, 4 GB DDR2 800 RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT w/ 1GB DDR3 RAM). However 3D mark still says my computer is below middle of the pack (The CPU is holding me back).

As far as the interface, there's somethings to get used to but so far I like it. Of course I will be tweaking it with Rocketdock (www.rocketdock.com) and Samurize (www.samurize.com). I have these two running on my Windows XP setup and it looks sweet. However, Pam doesn't like it (big shock there) because it's different. So I guess I'll just have to put a new profile on the computer just for her and she can hang out with her Windows 98 lookalike setup while I'm zooming on to the future! :)

I may not become a Vista fanboi, but I'm hoping that when it comes time to processing videos and stuff, that I can rely on it for being faster than XP. Of course I'll have to test and now that I'm done with the bathroom I have time for it. So essentially, when I know, so will you my non-existant reader base :)

No comments:

Post a Comment